Hello dear smoothie lovers! ☺️
Today I’d like to share with you my favorite recipe for an easy apple pie smoothie 🍎 It is really simple to make and tastes just like a good ol’ apple pie… in a glass 😄
This apple pie smoothie, done with baked apples, is a healthy drink that you can enjoy throughout the year. With this recipe, consuming an apple a day is easy ☺️ This recipe could easily be made in the spring or summer, but I think an apple pie smoothie is best suited cold fall and winter days when you need that heart-warming cinnamon scent the most! And the taste of baked apples is just incredible, I just love them so much!
My favourite recipe of an apple pie smoothie. It's simple to make and the best part is - it tastes just like a good ol'apple pie, just served in a glass.
- 4 medium sized apples
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ground cinnamon (sprinkle with)
- 1/4 cup low-fat yogurt (preferably vanilla)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
Cut and core the apples.
Put the apple chunks on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
Brush the apples with maple syrup and sprinkle with cinnamon.
Heat the oven to 200°C (or 400°F) and roast the apples for about 20 minutes.
Let cool down for about 20 minutes and use for the best apple pie smoothie ever.
Pour the almond milk and the apple juice into the blender jar.
Add the apples and the spices.
Process until completely smooth. If the texture is too thick, add more almond milk or some water.
Consume immediately or keep refrigerated for up to 2 days.
If you would like to try a similar, but a bit more sophisticated, apple pie smoothie, then try out my Layered Apple Pie Smoothie Dessert! That recipe adds a layer of baked apples, granola, oats and, with a little whipped cream, is perfect as a fancy dessert 🙂
Why my Apple Pie Smoothie is good for you:
- Apples are packed with disease-fighting vitamins, antioxidants and more, making them one of the top-ranked fruits for your health. Apples play a significant role in reducing the risk of a wide variety of diseases including chronic and heart diseases, as well as cancer.
- Cinnamon has amazing anti-inflammatory properties and is loaded with antioxidants.
- Nutmeg is known for its ability to relieve pain, soothe indigestion, strengthen cognitive function, detoxify the body and strengthen the immune system.
- Cloves are a popular remedy for tooth aches, upper respiratory infections. They help reduce inflammation, improve digestion and enhance sexual health.
- Cardamom is used to combat digestion problems like nausea, acidity, bloating, gas, heartburn, loss of appetite, constipation, and much more. This spice helps the body eliminate waste through the kidneys.
|Low in sodium, cholesterol and fat||High in carbs and sugar|
|A good source of dietary fibre (39% of RDA)|
|A good source of vitamin C and B2 (23% and 25% of RDA)|
|A good source of manganese (54% of RDA)|
Enjoy your delicious baked apple drink! 🍎🍹