Hello dear smoothie lovers! ☺️
Do you love apple pies? Do you love smoothies? I’m going to assume that you just silently answered “yes” in your mind 😉 Now did you know that you can actually combine those two? Well, you can, and the result is something even better: an apple pie smoothie. Not only is it delicious, it’s also healthier than a classic apple pie. It’s like a liquid apple pie in a jar 🍎 and believe me, it tastes amaaaaazing! 😋
I’ve seen that there are a lot of apple pie smoothie recipes on the internet but they don’t taste like the real thing… so I decided to create my own apple pie smoothie — one that would taste as close as possible to the real apple pie from my childhood. In this smoothie, I wanted to have a warm apple-cinnamon scent that brings back fond memories of holidays and family reunions. And I think I nailed it, or at least my hubby thought so 🙂
The baked apples and granola will bring this smoothie to a totally new level of apple pie heaven 🙂 If you want to recreate this jar, you will need to bake the apples first and then prepare the actual apple pie smoothie. It is a bit time consuming but it is definitely worth every minute spent 👌🏻
The best apple pie smoothie recipe ever! It's super delicious! It makes a perfect snack, meal replacement or can be served as a healthy dessert.
- 4 apples (medium size)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (or honey)
- cinnamon (for sprinkling on top of apples)
- 3 baked apples
- 1/4 cup yogurt (preferably vanilla flavoured)
- 1/4 cup apple juice (without added sugar)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- sweetener to taste (optional)
- 2 cups baked apple smoothie
- 1 baked apple
- 2 tbsp granola
- 2 tbsp oats
- 1/4 cup vanilla whipped cream (for topping)
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon (for decoration)
Preheat the oven to 200°C (or 400°F).
Cut and core 4 apples.
Next, put the apple chunks on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
Brush the apples with maple syrup and sprinkle with cinnamon.
Put apples in the oven and roast the apples for about 20 minutes (click on the link to switch on the timer).
Let cool down for about 20 minutes and use your baked apples for the best apple pie smoothie ever.
While waiting for the baked apples to cool down, prepare the first two layers in the smoothie jar and whip the cream. If you don’t want to beautifully decorate your jar with whipped cream, you can simply pour the cream on top of the smoothie. It will taste great anyway.
Cut one baked apple into chunks and place them on the bottom of each jar. it doesn't matter that this apple is still warm. It will have enough time to cool down while we are preparing the smoothie.
Add some granola and oats on top of the apples.
Whip the cream and put it in the fridge so it doesn't melt.
When the apples have cooled down, it’s time to prepare the apple pie smoothie.
Pour the yogurt and the apple juice into the blender jar.
Add the baked apples and the spices.
Process until completely smooth. If the texture is too thick, add more yogurt, juice or some water (if you want to avoid additional calories).
Pour about 1 cup (or as much as you glass or jar allows) of apple pie smoothie on the granola and oat layer. Remember to leave some space for the whipped cream.
Decorate your apple pie smoothie jar with whipped cream and sprinkle with ground cinnamon.
Consume immediately or keep in the fridge for up to 24 hours.
Why my Layered Apple Pie Smoothie Dessert is good for you:
- Apples are packed with disease-fighting vitamins, antioxidants and more, making them one of the top-ranked fruits for your health. Apples play a significant role in reducing the risk of a wide variety of diseases including chronic and heart diseases, as well as cancer.
- Granola‘s oats a fair amount of fiber and iron, while nuts and seeds in it add heart-healthy unsaturated fats and some protein. However, granola is usually high in sugar and thus calories. Be aware of it, if you are trying to lose weight.
- Cinnamon has amazing anti-inflammatory properties and is loaded with antioxidants.
- Nutmeg is known for its ability to relieve pain, soothe indigestion, strengthen cognitive function, detoxify the body and strengthen the immune system.
- Cloves are a popular remedy for tooth aches, upper respiratory infections. They help reduce inflammation, improve digestion and enhance sexual health.
- Cardamom is used to combat digestion problems like nausea, acidity, bloating, gas, heartburn, loss of appetite, constipation, and much more. This spice helps the body eliminate waste through the kidneys.
|High in dietary fibre (70% of RDA)||High in fat (whipped cream), carbs and sugar|
|A good source of vitamins C, B2 and A (35%, 52% and 35% of RDA)|
|Very high in manganese (165% of RDA)|
|Contains a wide range of vitamins and minerals: B5, B6, B12, E, K, as well as calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, copper and selenium.|