Hello dear smoothie lovers! 🙋🏻
Today I’d like to share with you my healthy green smoothie bowl recipe that I made myself today for a light lunch 🌿 For topping I used almond yogurt, chia and sesame seeds, as well as coconut shaves. In the picture, the smoothie bowl is accompanied by an open whole grain rye sandwich with avocado and tingly radish 👌🏻
In case you wonder, this smoothie bowl tastes amazing despite its annoyingly healthy green color 😜 It is mainly made of fruits and the green hue comes from the added spirulina powder. I’m trying to incorporate as much spirulina as I can in many of my smoothies since it has so many health benefits. By the way, spirulina doesn’t spoil the taste, so don’t worry. Actually, you won’t almost feel it at all, so don’t hesitate to add this super powder to your drinks 😉
A healthy green smoothie bowl recipe. It is mainly made of fruits and the "lovely" green hue comes from the added spirulina. Simple & very tasty!
- 3 kiwifruits (1 goes for decoration)
- 1 banana
- 1 pear
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or other plant-based milk)
- 2 tbsp soy yogurt (for decoration)
- 1 tbsp spirulina powder
- toppings of your choice (fruits, berries, seeds, nuts, coconut shaves, etc.)
Pour the milk in a blender jar.
Peel the kiwis and the pear, chop them roughly and place them into the blender.
Break the banana into two chunks and place it into the blender jar as well.
Process until nice and smooth.
Pour the smoothie in a bowl or a jar. Add toppings of your choice and serve.
Why this smoothie is good for you:
- Kiwifruits are a nutrient dense food, as they contain a lot of nutrients and are low in calories. This super fruit is host to almost 20 vital nutrients, including five times the vitamin C of an orange in one serving. Kiwis are also rich in vitamin A, K, E and B, as well as potassium, copper, folate, and fiber.
- Bananas is one of the most popular fruits on the planet. They contain several essential nutrients, and have benefits for digestion, heart health and even the weight loss. Bananas are are high in antioxidants, potassium and pectin, a form of fiber. They can also be a good way to get magnesium and vitamins C and B6.
- Pears are packed with health benefiting nutrients such as dietary fiber, anti-oxidants, minerals and vitamins, which are necessary for optimum health. Pears are also known as the least allergenic of all the fruits. For this reason pears are often recommended as a safe alternative in the preparation of smoothies in allergic persons.
- Spirulina is a natural algae powder that is incredibly high in protein and is also a good source of antioxidants, B-vitamins (B1, B2, B3, B5), vitamin K, as well as potassium, copper, iron, and manganese.
The nutritional value for this smoothie recipe is calculated based on ingredients mentioned in the list. Please note that the final nutritional value will depend on the toppings you will add to your smoothie bowl.
|Low in saturated fat||–|
|Low in cholesterol|
|Low in sodium|
|High in dietary fiber (31% of RDA)|
|Very high in vitamin C (144% of RDA)|
|High in vitamin B2, B12 and K (33%, 35% and 52% of RDA respectively)|
|Very high in copper (57% of RDA)|
|Good source of manganese (23% of RDA)|
This smoothie is so yummy and healthy, I hope you will enjoy it as much as I did!