Hello dear smoothie lovers! 🙋🏻
Today I’d like to share with you one of my favorite apple and banana smoothie recipes 🍎➕🍌. I usually do this one when I don’t have other, more interesting, fruits or veggies left at home. It’s also really easy to make since it only requires apples, a banana, some yogurt and a pinch of cinnamon. If you want to make your smoothie even more filling, you can add one or two spoons of rolled oats. This will keep you satisfied for a longer time 🙂
A very simple yet delicious smoothie made with 5 basic ingredients: apple, banana, yogurt, honey and a pinch of aromatic cinnamon.
- 2 apples
- 1 banana
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 tsp vanilla powder
- 1 tbsp honey or other sweetener of your choice
Start with the liquid ingredients. Pour the yogurt (juice or milk) in a blender jar.
If you wish, you can peel the apples before using them. In case you want your vitamin-filled drink to obtain a very smooth texture, it is better to peel the apples. This way you won't get any apple skin pieces in it.
Cut the apples in halves, core them and chop roughly. Put the apple chunks in the blender jar.
Peel the banana, chop it roughly (or break it in halves) and put in the blender.
Add the remaining ingredients and blend everything until smooth.
Pour the smoothie in a glass and sprinkle with a pinch of cinnamon. Consume immediately as apples usually turn brown quite quickly making the smoothie less appealing to drink 🙂
- if you prefer a chilled smoothie, add 2-3 ice cubes
- you can replace the yogurt with either 1/2 cup of orange juice or milk
Why this smoothie is good for you:
- Apples are packed with important nutritional elements including vitamin C, vitamin K, vitamin B6, and riboflavin, as well as minerals like potassium, copper, manganese, and magnesium. Apples are also very good sources of dietary fiber and help in the digestive process. Remember that “an apple a day, keeps the doctor away?” 🙂
- Bananas are a great dietary source of potassium, an essential mineral for maintaining normal blood pressure and heart function. They are also loaded with calcium, manganese, magnesium, iron, folate, niacin, riboflavin, and B6. These all contribute to the proper functioning of the body and keeping you healthy.
- Yogurt contains a good amount of protein, as well as several other nutrients like calcium, vitamin B2, vitamin B12, potassium, and magnesium.
- Cinnamon has amazing anti-inflammatory properties and is loaded with antioxidants.
|Low in saturated fat||Fair amount of carbs but not too much anyway|
|Low in cholesterol|
|Low in sodium|
|Fair amount of dietary fibre (24% of RDA)|
|Good source of vitamin B2 and B6 (24% and 26% of RDA)|
Enjoy your tasty smoothie for breakfast or as a healthy snack during the day! 🍹