Hello smoothie lovers! 😀
Today I’m sharing with you this gorgeous fiber- and antioxidant-packed smoothie. It will make a perfect meal replacement. You can serve it for breakfast, lunch or healthy dinner. You decide 😉
The serving for this smoothie jar is quite abundant (460 g and “only” 363 kcal) so I am sure you won’t get hungry if you replace any meal with this smoothie. It is well-balanced: contains high amount of proteins, some healthy fatty acids from seeds, carbs to get you going and a good amount of fiber to keep you satisfied for a long time.
This smoothie has two layers:
- The beige layer is a filling, fiber-rich banana+apple+pear smoothie with chia and flax seeds. See the recipe in this post.
- The violet layer is simply a blueberry nice-cream which is very light and adds some berry goodness to the other layer.
A recipe for a gorgeous fiber- and antioxidants-packed blueberry smoothie. It makes a perfect meal replacement or can be served as a healthy dessert.
- 1 banana (fresh or frozen)
- 1 pear
- 1 apple
- 1 cup low-fat yogurt (preferably vanilla soygurt)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp flaxseed (ground)
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tsp agave syrup (optional)
- 1 tbsp granola, any seeds or crushed nuts (I used Weetabix in this recipe)
- fresh figs, blackberries and blueberries or any other fruits or berries you have
To prepare the blueberry nice-cream, simply add the blueberries and the sweetener (optional) into your blender jar, and process until nice and smooth.
Wash your blender jar in order to create clean and distinct layers.
Start with the yogurt and pour it into the blender jar.
Peel the apple and the pear, or wash them very throughly, roughly chop and also put into the blender.
Peel the banana and break it into chunks and add to other ingredients in the blender.
Lastly, add the chia seeds and the flax seeds.
Process until smooth.
Pour the beige layer and then alternate it with the blueberry nice-cream. Repeat once again if your serving glass or a jar allows it.
Sprinkle with granola, seeds, or nuts of your choice. Decorate with fresh fruits.
Serve this smoothie immediately. If you want to eat it later, the smoothie can be kept in the fridge for up to 24 hours.
Why this smoothie is good for you:
- Bananas, pears and apples will fill you with important vitamins and minerals, such as vitamins C, K, B2 and B6, as wells as potassium, copper, manganese, and magnesium.
- Chia and flax seeds are a powerful source of Omega-3 acids, as well as huge amount of soluble and insoluble dietary fibers. The seeds will also provide you with manganese, magnesium, phosphorus, as well as important vitamins and antioxidants.
- Blueberries contain the unique, phenol-like antioxidants pterostilbene and resveratrol. They are a very good source of vitamin K, vitamin C, manganese and copper.
|Low in sodium and cholesterol||Relatively high in carbs and fat|
|High in dietary fibre (56% of RDA)|
|Very high in Omega-3 (240% of RDA)|
|High in vitamin B2 and B6 (37% and 32% of RDA)|
|High in phosphorus, manganese, copper, magnesium and calcium (50%, 44%, 40%, 36% and 33% of RDA)|
Enjoy this beautiful layered smoothie! 💜💜💜
P.S. If you liked this recipe, consider sharing it with your friends and/or family. We display a number of share buttons above the title of this post, hoping they would be easy to find 🙂 And if you want more smoothie-related updates in your feed, you can find and befriend Smoothie Fairytales on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.