Hello dear smoothie lovers! ☺️
Today I’d like to share with you a simple immunity-boosting smoothie recipe that will get you through the cold season.
It is super simple and only takes a couple of minutes to prep so it’s perfect for busy mornings or for a quick afternoon snack.
This smoothie has a pleasant taste of berry with a hint of cinnamon. It is also good for kids: it tastes like melted ice-cream and contains no additives 👌🏻.
If you want the smoothie to be chilled you can use frozen cranberries. The frozen berries are a perfect substitute for ice and give the smoothie a pleasant creamy texture.
Easy to prepare immunity-boasting smoothie recipe that will help you survive the cold season. It's kids-friendly, and filled with vitamins and antioxidants.
- 1 cup low-fat yogurt (you can also use soygurt)
- 1 large apple
- 1/2 cup cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp honey (or other sweetener of your choice)
Let’s start with the liquid ingredients. Pour the yogurt into a blender jar.
Peel the apples (or wash them thoroughly) and cut them into halves. Remove the core and cut the apple halves into large pieces.
Add the cranberries, the cinnamon and two tablespoons of any sweetener of your choice.
Blend until smooth and there are no fruit chunks left in your smoothie.
Pour the smoothie into serving glasses. Consume immediately or keep it in the fridge for up to 24 hours.
Why my Cranberry Apple Smoothie is good for you:
- Cranberry is known for its very sour taste. It is extremely rich in vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and phytonutrients. Many of these phytonutrients offer antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-cancer health benefits. Cranberries are also a very good source of vitamin C, B5, E, K, as well as manganese, copper and dietary fiber.
- Apples contain important nutritional elements such as vitamin C, K, B6, and B2, as well as minerals like potassium, copper, manganese, and magnesium. Apples are a very good sources of dietary fiber, and a single serving provides 12% of the daily fiber requirement.
- Yogurt contains a good amount of protein, as well as several other nutrients like calcium, vitamin B2, vitamin B12, potassium, and magnesium.
- Cinnamon has high anti-inflammatory properties and contains antioxidants.
|Low in fat, cholesterol and sodium||None in this smoothie 😊|
|A good protein source (7.15 g per serving)|
|A good source of vitamins C, B2 and B12 (32%, 33% и 29% of RDA)|
|A good source of calcium and phosphorus (26% and 30% of RDA)|
Enjoy your healthy and very delicious smoothie! 🍎