Hello dear smoothie lovers! ☺️
Today I’d like to share with you a simple immunity-boosting smoothie recipe that will get you through the cold season.
It is super simple and only takes a couple of minutes to prep so it’s perfect for busy mornings or for a quick afternoon snack.
This smoothie has a pleasant taste of berry with a hint of cinnamon. It is also good for kids: it tastes like melted ice-cream and contains no additives 👌🏻.
If you want the smoothie to be chilled you can use frozen cranberries. The frozen berries are a perfect substitute for ice and give the smoothie a pleasant, creamy texture.
Simple immunity-boosting smoothie recipe that will help you survive the cold season. It's kids-friendly, and filled with vitamins and antioxidants.
- 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt (you can also use soygurt)
- 1 large apple
- 1/2 cup cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp honey (or other sweetener of your choice)
Peel the apples (or wash them thoroughly) and cut them into halves. Remove the core and cut the apple halves into large pieces.
Put all the ingredients into the blender jar. The honey can be swapped for any other sweetener.
Blend until smooth and pour into serving glasses.
The smoothie can stay good in the fridge for up to 24 hours.
Why my Cranberry Apple Smoothie is good for you:
- Cranberry is known for its very sour taste. It is extremely rich in vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and phytonutrients. Many of these phytonutrients offer antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-cancer health benefits. Cranberries are also a very good source of vitamin C, B5, E, K, as well as manganese, copper and dietary fiber.
- Apples contain important nutritional elements such as vitamin C, K, B6, and B2, as well as minerals like potassium, copper, manganese, and magnesium. Apples are a very good sources of dietary fiber, and a single serving provides 12% of the daily fiber requirement.
- Yogurt contains a good amount of protein, as well as several other nutrients like calcium, vitamin B2, vitamin B12, potassium, and magnesium.
- Cinnamon has high anti-inflammatory properties and contains antioxidants.
|Low in fat, cholesterol, and sodium||None in this smoothie 😊|
|A good protein source (7.15 g per serving)|
|A good source of vitamins C, B2 and B12 (32%, 33% и 29% of RDA)|
|A good source of calcium and phosphorus (26% and 30% of RDA)|
Enjoy your healthy and very delicious smoothie! 🍎
P.S. If you liked this recipe, please share it with your friends and family. You can find share buttons above the title of this post 🙂 And if you need a steady flow of smoothies in your world, you probably want to check us out on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest 😊