Hello smoothie enthusiasts! 😄
You probably don’t know it yet but I sooooo looove coffee 🙋🏻❤️☕️. I don’t even feel like myself in the morning until I get my first sip of freshly brewed coffee with soy milk.
I have recently made quite many healthy smoothie recipes so I decided to take a short break and prepare something extra special. So, today, my friends, I am treating myself to a delicious Mocha Coconut Smoothie bowl.
This smoothie is a perfect way to start your day. Thanks to the fresh coffee and cocoa powder you will feel instantly revitalized and energized. And the best thing is that 11 oz (322 g) of this healthy mocha flavored goodness contains only 231 kcal.
I’d also like to add that this smoothie is high in protein — 14,26 g per portion (29% of recommended daily intake), vitamins B2 (54% of RDA), B5 (34% of RDA) and B12 (58% of RDA) as well as minerals Calcium (48% of RDA) and Phosphorus (57% of RDA). Not bad at all, right? 😀
You can top up your smoothie bowl with cereals, granola and any nuts or seeds you have on hand. In case you are wondering, the three white flaky balls on the smoothie in the photo are coconut balls made with quark (a milk-product a bit similar to cottage cheese) and grated coconut flakes.
I hope you will enjoy this recipe as much as I did :)))
The Mocha Coconut smoothie is the perfect breakfast smoothie. The fresh coffee and cacao powder will help you feel instantly revitalized and energized. And the best thing is that 8 oz of this healthy mocha-flavored goodness only contains around 172 kcal! This smoothie is high in protein, calcium and vitamins B2, B5, B6 and B12.
- 1/4 cup freshly brewed coffee
- 250 g plain low-fat yogurt or soy yogurt
- 1 banana
- 1 tbsp grated coconut
- 1 tsp cacao powder (preferably raw cacao)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp honey (or other sweetener of your choice)
Brew black coffee (1/4 cup). Let the coffee cool down it. If you want, you can put it in the fridge if you want to save time.
While the coffee is getting cold, cut the banana into slices and place the fruit in the blender jar.
Add the cacao powder, yogurt, cold coffee and cinnamon to the blender. Process until smooth.
Pour the smoothie in a small bowl and add coconut shavings on top.
The nutrition values for this smoothie bowl are calculated based on all ingredients included in the recipe.
Why my Mocha Coconut Smoothie is good for you:
- Yogurt is great sources of calcium, potassium, protein and vitamin B12. Probiotic yogurts also contain active bacteria that help our gut with digestion. Research has also shown that regularly eating yogurt can lower cholesterol. The calcium in yogurt helps our bones stay strong and healthy.
- Raw (organic) cacao is one of the most world’s best sources of antioxidants. In fact, it contains four times more antioxidants than goji berries.
- Cinnamon is a great source of antioxidants, high in manganese, and it contains flavonoids, which fight inflammation in our bodies.
- Honey might ease a cough and it contains antioxidants, such as flavonoids and polyphenols.