Hello friends! 🙋🏻
Some days I just love making myself a glass of mouth-watering strawberry & yogurt smoothie 🍓 In my opinion, the combination of strawberry and plain yogurt is among the most heavenly smoothie combinations out there. Sometimes I find myself making strawberry smoothies in the middle of winter just to remind myself what summer tastes like 🙂 The smoothie in this recipe reminds me especially much of sunny summer days ☀️ and instantly makes me feel great and energetic.
I think frozen strawberries often taste just as good as fresh ones, so I tend to use strawberries in smoothies throughout the year. For the time being I am still using the berries from last year that I have in the freezer ❄️ , but soon the strawberry season will be here again and I can pick some fresh ones 🙂 I’m really looking forward to having more fresh, aromatic strawberries in smoothies, lemonades and light summer salads. Just thinking of it makes me hungry 😁.
Today’s smoothie is a very quick and simple strawberry & yogurt smoothie recipe. It tastes absolutely amazing and will literally take you less than five minutes to prepare! The taste is also mild enough to be enjoyed by kids — you can call it a strawberry milkshake 😉 All in all, it’s hard for me to imagine anyone saying no to this pink strawberry treat!
I love spicing up this smoothie with a hint of cinnamon but you can skip it if you are looking for a more classic taste. Depending on how sweet your strawberries are you might need to add some natural sweetener to your smoothie. However, it’s totally up to you and your taste.
Quick and simple strawberry & yogurt smoothie recipe. It's perfect for breakfast or makes an ideal afternoon snack that you can prep in only 5 minutes.
- 5 strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 apple
- 1 cup low-fat yogurt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp honey (optional)
Start with the liquid ingredients. Pour the yogurt into a blender jar.
Cut the apples in halves, core them and chop roughly. Put the apple chunks in the blender jar.
Add strawberries, cinnamon and honey.
Process until smooth and pour the strawberry & yogurt smoothie into serving glasses.
Serve immediately or keep refrigerated for up to 24 hours.
Why my Strawberry Yogurt Smoothie is good for you:
- Strawberries contain a wide range of powerful antioxidants and detoxifiers. For that reason they are perfect for people with inflammatory, autoimmune and tissue degenerative diseases. Strawberries are rich in healthy nutrients, vitamins, and minerals that contribute to overall health. These include folate, potassium, manganese, dietary fiber, and magnesium. Strawberries are also very high in vitamin C!
- Apples are packed with important nutritional elements including vitamin C, vitamin K, vitamin B6, and riboflavin, as well as minerals like potassium, copper, manganese, and magnesium. Apples are also very good sources of dietary fiber and help in the digestive process. Remember that “an apple a day, keeps the doctor away?”
- Yogurt contains a good amount of protein, as well as several other nutrients like calcium, vitamin B2, vitamin B12, potassium, and magnesium.
- Cinnamon has amazing anti-inflammatory properties and is loaded with antioxidants. This aromatic spice also stimulates brain, reduces muscle and tooth pain and works as a diaphoretic.
|Low in fat and cholesterol||Like most fruit smoothies, this one is high in fruit sugar and carbs|
|Fair amount of dietary fibre and protein (13% and 14% of RDA)|
|Good source of vitamins C, B2 and B12 (31%, 27% and 29% of RDA)|
|Contains calcium and phosphorus (25% and 28% of RDA)|
Have a great day and enjoy your strawberry smoothie! 😘😘😘