Hello dear smoothie lovers! 🙋🏻
In case you didn’t know, I am totally addicted to lingonberries. I am so happy to live in Finland, where lingonberry is almost something of a staple 😍 You might not believe me, but I have a whole shelf in my freezer filled with lingonberries only! As a consequence, lingonberry is one of the most frequent ingredients in my smoothies 😃
Today I’d like to share with you my recipe for a simple, yet beautiful, lingonberry smoothie. Naturally, the smoothie is also delicious and extremely healthy. Lingonberries are rightfully called superberries since they are packed with cold-fighting vitamins as well as powerful antioxidants that will keep you strong and healthy 😀💪 This is why I often use this berry in my smoothies during the cold autumn and winter months 🍂🍁❄️
If you love lingonberries like I do, you’ll probably want to check out my lingonberry plum smoothie recipe.
A super-healthy lingonberry smoothie. It's packed with cold-fighting vitamins and powerful antioxidants that will keep you strong and healthy.
- 1 cup lingonberries or cranberries
- 1/2 cup raspberries or other fresh or frozen berries
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
Start with the liquid ingredients. Pour the yogurt (or milk) in a blender jar.
Break the banana into chunks and place it into the blender.
Add the remaining ingredients and process until completely smooth.
Pour the smoothie in a glass and, if you wish, decorate it with lingonberries.
Why my Lingonberry Smoothie is good for you:
- Only 1 or 2 tablespoons of frozen lingonberries a day can help with diabetes, blood pressure challenges, and inflammatory condition. Lingonberries, as no other berry, are packed with antioxidant power in the form of polyphenols.
- Bananas are a great dietary source of potassium, an essential mineral for maintaining normal blood pressure and heart function. They are also loaded with calcium, manganese, magnesium, iron, folate, niacin, riboflavin, and B6. These all contribute to the proper functioning of the body and keeping you healthy.
- Yogurt contains a good amount of protein, as well as several other nutrients like calcium, vitamin B2, vitamin B12, potassium, and magnesium.
|Low in saturated fat||–|
|Low in cholesterol|
|Low in sodium|
|Good amount of dietary fibre (26% of RDA)|
|Good source of vitamin B6 and C (23% and 24% of RDA)|
|Good source of manganese (28% of RDA)|
Enjoy your super-healthy lingonberry drink! 😘