Hello dear smoothie lovers! 🙋🏻
Today I’m going to share with you a recipe for a smoothie with banana, blackberries, dates, almonds and some milk. The milk can be dairy or non-dairy, you choose. Personally, I adore almond milk and lately I have also ventured into trying cashew milk and now I can’t choose which one I like more…
This recipe is inspired by Veggylandia: the video I’ve shared with you here is theirs. But what I’ve done is I’ve added two favorites of mine: acai berry powder and MCT coconut oil. Smoothies with superfoods just makes sense, since it is so easy to add them into smoothies. If you aren’t used to adding superfoods to your smoothies, I recommend you to start with acai berries. Unlike spirulina—another superfood that can be added to smoothie—acai berries actually taste good. They taste a bit like raspberries and blackberries, so they go perfectly with the blackberries in this smoothie. Acai berry powder (Pure Organic Acai Powder) is low-glycemic, rich in iron and calcium, and it also contains essential amino acids and omega fatty acids.
In this recipe, I’ve also added MCT coconut oil (Premium MCT Oil from Organic Coconuts). MCT oil doesn’t change the taste, which I consider a good thing . I recently bought my first bottle of MCT coconut oil after having read much about the various health effect claims and I’ve really liked using it. It’s easy to just add a teaspoon of it in a smoothie It’s not recommended to use MCT oil for cooking, but you can add it to your morning coffee. I have done this for a week or so now ☕️
A simple and sweet smoothie with blackberry, almonds, dates, banana and milk (dairy or non-dairy). Easy and quick: add the ingredients to the blender, blend and serve!
- 1 banana
- 1 cup blackberries (or blueberries)
- 4 dates
- 1 cup almond milk (preferably use nut or plant milk)
- 1/3 cup almonds
- 1 tsp Pure Organic Acai Powder by Sari Foods Company
- 1 tbsp Premium Organic MCT Coconut Oil
Pit the dates and peel the banana. Put all the ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth.
About the ingredients (Blackberry Banana Smoothie)
- Blackberries contain many useful vitamins and other nutrients. One cup (144g) of blackberries contain 8 grams of dietary fiber (32%) and lots of vitamin C (50%).
- One medium-sized banana contains dietary fiber (12%), potassium (12%), vitamin C (17%), vitamin A (2%) and iron (2%).
- Organic acai berry powder is low-glycemic and rich in antioxidants, omega fats and essential amino acids. Acai berries are nature’s own superfood: they grow in the amazonian rainforest.
- Pure MCT (medium-chain triglycerides) coconut oil is said to be a “healthy fat” with fat-burning capabilities. The MCT fat produces ketone bodies, which has better potential for fat-burning.
For your convenience I calculated the nutrition values for this superpower smoothie.
One large serving (350 g or ~11,8 oz) of this smoothie contains:
|covered percent of daily need|
Note: percentages based on Percent Daily Values (DV).
Hope you will enjoy this smoothie as much as I did! 😊