Hello dear smoothie lovers! ☺️
Today I’d like to share with you my favorite recipe for an easy apple pie smoothie 🍎 It is really simple to make and tastes just like a good ol’ apple pie… in a glass 😄
This apple pie smoothie, done with baked apples, is a healthy drink that you can enjoy throughout the year. With this recipe, consuming an apple a day is easy ☺️ This recipe could easily be made in the spring or summer, but I think an apple pie smoothie is best suited cold fall and winter days when you need that heart-warming cinnamon scent the most! And the taste of baked apples is just incredible, I just love them so much!
Apple Pie Smoothie
- 4 medium sized apples
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ground cinnamon (sprinkle with)
- 1/4 cup low-fat yogurt (preferably vanilla)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
Baking the apples
- Cut and core the apples.
- Put the apple chunks on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Brush the apples with maple syrup and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Heat the oven to 200°C (or 400°F) and roast the apples for about 20 minutes.
- Let cool down for about 20 minutes and use for the best apple pie smoothie ever.
Preparing the apple pie smoothie
- Pour the almond milk and the apple juice into the blender jar.
- Add the apples and the spices.
- Process until completely smooth. If the texture is too thick, add more almond milk or some water.
- Consume immediately or keep refrigerated for up to 2 days.
If you would like to try a similar, but a bit more sophisticated, apple pie smoothie, then try out my Layered Apple Pie Smoothie Dessert! That recipe adds a layer of baked apples, granola, oats and, with a little whipped cream, is perfect as a fancy dessert 🙂
Why my Apple Pie Smoothie is good for you:
- Apples are packed with disease-fighting vitamins, antioxidants and more, making them one of the top-ranked fruits for your health. Apples play a significant role in reducing the risk of a wide variety of diseases including chronic and heart diseases, as well as cancer.
- Cinnamon has amazing anti-inflammatory properties and is loaded with antioxidants.
- Nutmeg is known for its ability to relieve pain, soothe indigestion, strengthen cognitive function, detoxify the body and strengthen the immune system.
- Cloves are a popular remedy for tooth aches, upper respiratory infections. They help reduce inflammation, improve digestion and enhance sexual health.
- Cardamom is used to combat digestion problems like nausea, acidity, bloating, gas, heartburn, loss of appetite, constipation, and much more. This spice helps the body eliminate waste through the kidneys.
|Low in sodium, cholesterol and fat||High in carbs and sugar|
|A good source of dietary fibre (39% of RDA)|
|A good source of vitamin C and B2 (23% and 25% of RDA)|
|A good source of manganese (54% of RDA)|
Enjoy your delicious baked apple drink! 🍎🍹