Today I want to share with you one of my favorite berry smoothie recipes, a blueberry raspberry smoothie. This recipe was done with milk and banana.
This tasty and filling berry smoothie could replace your breakfast. I recommend using frozen berries but you can obviously use fresh berries as well. If you want, you can also use a frozen banana. This will turn this smoothie into nice cream.
Using berries in smoothies is something I do very often. I love that they contain almost the entire spectrum of minerals and vitamins. Not only that, they are also loaded with antioxidants that help cleanse the body.
For this recipe, I combined two berries: blueberries and raspberries. This is a common combination that just always works. Highly recommended! I don’t really think this smoothie requires any additional sweetening, but if you want it to be sweeter you can add honey or maple syrup to it.
I find the bright color of this berry drink attractive. Oh, and did I mention it is delicious? 🙂
To create this blueberry raspberry smoothie with banana and milk, you need (at least) two different berries. I chose raspberries and blueberries, but you could also use for instance red currants or blackberries.
- 150 grams of frozen blueberries (red currants, blackberries etc.)
- 150 grams of frozen raspberries
- 1 banana (fresh or frozen)
- 30 grams of oatmeal
- 50 milliliters of milk
- 1 teaspoon of sweetener
- for topping: coconut flakes, poppy seeds, oatmeal, dry chocolate balls, berries.
- First, pour milk (or other liquid of your choice) in the blender bowl.
- Add frozen, fresh or defrosted berries.
- Add banana slices, oatmeal and sweetener of your choice.
- Process until smooth. Add a little bit more milk if the smoothie is too thick.
- Note: if you are making a smoothie bowl, go light with liquids. Smoothie bowl should have a thicker texture than a drinkable smoothie.
- Pour the smoothie into the bowl and add toppings. Here are my suggestions: fresh or frozen berries, poppy seeds, coconut flakes & oatmeal.
Using a frozen banana will turn this smoothie into nicecream (a thicker smoothie that is a bit similar to ice cream). You can also add ice if you want a really cold and refreshing smoothie.
I hope you will enjoy this smoothie! Remember to come back to Smoothie Fairytales for more smoothie recipes.