Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and energizes the whole day. When you have a hearty breakfast, you fill the body with all the necessary elements that help you stay strong and energetic throughout the day. Moreover, food eaten in the morning is less likely to make you gain weight, since these calories will be consumed during the day. Therefore, I sometimes start my day with a rich and nutritious smoothie and eat less for lunch.
In order to make my drink more satisfying and replace breakfast, I add almond milk, bananas, oatmeal, natural chocolate to it. If you combine all these components, you get a mega nutritious cocktail that guarantees high performance throughout the day, as well as clarity of mind and excellent mood. The benefits of dark chocolate and nutmeg are high levels of magnesium, phosphorus, calcium and antioxidants.
- 150-200 milliliters of almond milk
- 1 tablespoon almond oil (optional)
- 1 (frozen) banana
- 50 grams of oats
- 50 grams of natural dark chocolate
- a pinch of cinnamon or nutmeg
- topping: coconut, sesame seeds, almonds, banana slices, chocolate chips.
The oatmeal adds protein to the smoothie, while the chocolate is a great source of antioxidants. If you wish, you can add protein powder to make it even richer in protein, but for most people there will be enough protein if you just follow the recipe. The toppings I have chosen are perfect for this exact combination of ingredients, but you can definitely be creative and just use whatever you happen to have in the pantry.
- Pour about half of the almond milk into the blender bowl.
- To make the drink thicker and fluffier, add a banana. Many people prefer using frozen bananas, since they make the texture of the smoothie creamier. It also helps make the smoothie cooler.
- Add the oatmeal, dark chocolate and almond butter to the milk.
- Process until smooth.
- Then pour in the rest of the milk (as much as you think is needed) and season with a pinch of cinnamon or nutmeg, and process until smooth, again.
- Pour the smoothie into a serving bowl.
- Add the toppings suggested in the ingredients list or any toppings you find suitable.
Did you like my smoothie? Leave a comment 🙂