Hello dear smoothie lovers! ☺️
Today I’d like to share with you a simple immunity-boosting smoothie recipe that will get you through the cold season.
It is super simple and only takes a couple of minutes to prep so it’s perfect for busy mornings or for a quick afternoon snack.
This smoothie has a pleasant taste of berry with a hint of cinnamon. It is also good for kids: it tastes like melted ice-cream and contains no additives 👌🏻.
If you want the smoothie to be chilled you can use frozen cranberries. The frozen berries are a perfect substitute for ice and give the smoothie a pleasant, creamy texture.
Cranberry Apple Smoothie
- 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt (you can also use soygurt)
- 1 large apple
- 1/2 cup cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp honey (or other sweetener of your choice)
- Peel the apples (or wash them thoroughly) and cut them into halves. Remove the core and cut the apple halves into large pieces.
- Put all the ingredients into the blender jar. The honey can be swapped for any other sweetener.
- Blend until smooth and pour into serving glasses.
Why this Cranberry Apple Smoothie is good for you:
- Cranberry is known for its very sour taste. It is extremely rich in vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and phytonutrients. Many of these phytonutrients offer antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-cancer health benefits. Cranberries are also a very good source of vitamin C, B5, E, K, as well as manganese, copper and dietary fiber.
- Apples contain important nutritional elements such as vitamin C, K, B6, and B2, as well as minerals like potassium, copper, manganese, and magnesium. Apples are a very good sources of dietary fiber, and a single serving provides 12% of the daily fiber requirement.
- Yogurt contains a good amount of protein, as well as several other nutrients like calcium, vitamin B2, vitamin B12, potassium, and magnesium.
- Cinnamon has high anti-inflammatory properties and contains antioxidants.
|Low in fat, cholesterol, and sodium||None in this smoothie 😊|
|A good protein source (7.15 g per serving)|
|A good source of vitamins C, B2 and B12 (32%, 33% и 29% of RDA)|
|A good source of calcium and phosphorus (26% and 30% of RDA)|
Enjoy your healthy and very delicious smoothie! 🍎
P.S. If you liked this recipe, please share it with your friends and family. You can find share buttons above the title of this post 🙂 And if you need a steady flow of smoothies in your world, you probably want to check us out on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest 😊