Hello dear smoothie lovers! ☺️
Today I’d like to share with you this beautiful layered chia pudding decorated with fresh figs and a couple of juicy blackberries. The middle layer is a delicious banana 🍌 ➕ pear 🍐 smoothie. This chia pudding will make a perfect breakfast or you can easily replace a lunch or even a dinner with this filling and satisfying meal.
This gorgeous banana pear chia pudding is filled with healthy plant proteins as well as vitamins and minerals. One portion (350 g) of this meal contains a huge amount of Omega-3 fatty acids known for their powerful anti-infiammatory properties. The chia pudding is also rich in vitamin B2, magnesium, phosphorus, copper and manganese. For more details, check out the nutritional table in the end of this post.
I usually prepare my chia puddings in the evening and let them gel overnight. This way my hubby and I have a delicious breakfast waiting for us in the morning.
Layered Banana Pear Chia Pudding
Chia Seed Pudding Layer
- 4 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (or almond milk)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (or other sweetener of your choice)
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
Banana Pear Smoothie Layer
- 1 banana (large)
- 1 pear
- 1/2 cup plain soy yogurt
- 1 fig
- 4 blackberries
Prepare the chia pudding
- Pour the milk into a deep plate or a glass.
- Add the chia seeds and stir properly for a minute to remove all the lumps.
- Let the chia seeds soak and gel for about 10 minutes. Stir once or twice during the gelling process.
Prepare the banana and pear smoothie
- Start with the yogurt and put it into a blender jar.
- Roughly chop the banana and the pear and put them into the blender.
- Process until nice and smooth.
Forming the layers and decorating
- Put a layer of chia pudding into a serving glass or jar.
- Cut the figs, or other fruit of your choice, very finely and stick them to the sides of the jar. Remember that the finer you cut your fruit, the easier it sticks to the jar.
- Then, pour carefully the banana and pear smoothie on the chia seeds while leaving some space for another layer of chia seed pudding.
- Put the remaining chia seed pudding on top of the smoothie layer.
- Lastly, top your beautiful chia pudding with some fresh berries, fruits or nuts.
- Place the jar in the fridge for some hours or, even better, overnight. You can keep chia pudding in the fridge for up to two days.
Why my Layered Banana Pear Chia Pudding is good for you:
- Chia seeds are a whole grain food and are naturally gluten-free. Despite their tiny size, chia seeds are among the most nutritious foods on the planet. They are high in Omega-3 and Omega-6, and also contain mucin, strontium, Vitamins A, B, E, and D, and minerals including sulphur, iron, iodine, magnesium, manganese, niacin, thiamine, and they are a rich source of anti-oxidants.
- Bananas is one of the most popular fruits on the planet. They contain several essential nutrients, and have benefits for digestion, heart health and even the weight loss. Bananas are are high in antioxidants, potassium and pectin, a form of fiber. They can also be a good way to get magnesium and vitamins C and B6.
- Pears are packed with health benefiting nutrients such as dietary fiber, anti-oxidants, minerals and vitamins, which are necessary for optimum health. Pears are also known as the least allergenic of all the fruits. For this reason pears are often recommended as a safe alternative in the preparation of smoothies in allergic persons.
|Low in cholesterol||High in calories|
|High in dietary fibre (58% of RDA)||High in saturated fats|
|Very high in Omega 3 (244% of RDA)|
|High in vitamin B2 (42% of RDA)|
|Very high in magnesium, phosphorus and copper (43%, 46% and 58% of RDA respectively)|
|Great source of manganese (118% of RDA)|
Enjoy your delicious and gorgeous chia pudding, bon appetit! 😘