Today’s smoothie is one of my husband’s favorites: mango banana smoothie. This sweet tropical smoothie is a real treat and is absolutely perfect in the summer when the hot weather wears you out before noon. When it comes to the ingredients in a smoothie, sometimes less is more. This smoothie is so easy to create, yet tastes so heavenly that anyone tasting it will want to know your recipe. The combination of mango, banana and almond milk is one of those cases where something is more than the sum of its parts. Try it out and you’ll see what I mean 😉
Mango Banana Smoothie
- 1 cup almond milk (or any nut milk)
- 1 mango (or 1 1/2 – 2 cups frozen mango)
- 1 banana
- Combine milk, mango and banana in a blender and process until smooth.
Did you like the smoothie as much as we did? Let us know in the comments below.
Mango Smoothie Ideas
Mango smoothies are often considered tropical, but you can easily use mango in green smoothies, too. Mango can be combined with for instance spinach or kale.
If you are looking for more mango smoothie ideas, here is a selection of other healthy and delicious smoothies with mango:
Interesting Facts About Mango
Do you love mangos, but realize you don’t know that much about them? No worries, here is a selection of fun and interesting facts about mangos that will hopefully come in handy!
- Fact #1: Redness in a mango does not suggest ripeness. To know whether a mango is ripe or not, squeeze it gently to judge if it is soft enough.
- Fact #2: Apart from being in rich vitamin C, mangos also contain fiber and vitamin A.
- Fact #3: Mangos are related to nuts.
- Fact #4: Mangos are great for smoothies, but have you ever tried using mango on fish, chicken or pork?
- Fact #5: Mangos are available throughout the year.
- Fact #6: Adding some chili powder gives mango a nice kick.
- Fact #7: A mango will ripen faster if placed in a paper bag and stored in room temperature.