Calling all tropical smoothie fans! The smoothie combo in this recipe is one that you absolutely need to try. When we were creating this smoothie, we knew it would be tasty. However, it turned out even better than expected. It is literally one of the tastiest smoothies we have ever tried. It is better than any takeaway smoothie you get in one of those popular smoothie places.
As you might know, we recently made another tropical smoothie where we used mangoes, pineapple and ice cream. The smoothie was a success. A funny thing about today’s recipe is, however, that this mango passion fruit smoothie tastes totally like ice cream – even if it doesn’t contain any. It is a perfect summer treat for kids and for adults.
So, what is the trick to making a delicious tropical smoothie?
- Use frozen mangos and frozen bananas. Frozen fruit will make the smoothie thick and refreshing.
- Add some honey or any type of sweet syrup.
- As filler ingredients we used almond milk and natural soygurt. Our soygurt has a light vanilla flavor which I think goes perfectly with tropical fruits. So if you use milk and yogurt that don’t contain vanilla flavour, you might want to add a very little amount of vanilla extract to highlight the taste of your drink.
5 Facts About Passion Fruit
- It might not seem like it, but a passion fruit normally contains around 250 small, black seeds surrounded by a sac of pulpy juice.
- Botanically, the passion fruit is actually a berry.
- It is native to Brazil, Paraguay and Argentina,
- In the United States, passion fruits are commercially grown in Florida and California.
- Have you ever eaten a raw passion fruit with chilli powder and lime? If you answered yes, you are probably from Mexico where this is a common way of enjoying the versatile fruit.
Mango Passion Fruit Smoothie
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 1 passion fruit
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup yogurt (we used soygurt)
- 1 tbsp honey
- Combine all ingredients in a blender jar and process untill smooth.