Hello dear smoothie lovers! ☺️
Yesterday I roasted a lot of pumpkin, so I decided to make some tasty breakfast jars for my hubby and me. For myself, I made a pumpkin chia pudding packed with healthful dietary fibers and precious Omega-3 fatty acids. For my husband, who doesn’t really like chia, I prepared a lovely layered granola, banana, pumpkin smoothie jar. Mmmmm, so yummy!
If you have a medium sized pumpkin 🎃, first roast it with maple syrup and spices. Then, let it cool down. After that, you can mash it and use in chia puddings and porridges. You can also make some delicious smoothies with it. When I roast a pumpkin, I usually have enough of it to make some smoothies for the day, as well as two overnight breakfast jars that then wait for us in the fridge in the morning. It’s a time-saver 🕖
- 1 cup (or as much as needed to form one layer) of mashed roasted pumpkin. See the recipe here.
- 1 cup of vanilla yogurt
- 3 tbsp of chia seeds
- 6 tbsp of almond milk (to soak chia seeds)
- sweetener of your choice (honey, maple, agave syrup or dates etc.)
- 1 cup of pumpkin pie smoothie. See the recipe here.
- some seeds and nuts of your choice for topping
- Take a serving glass or a jar and form a roasted pumpkin layer. You can check the recipe here.
- Then pour a layer of vanilla yogurt on top of the mashed pumpkin. I use vanilla soygurt and it tastes great with pumpkin.
- Take a bowl or deep plate, add the chia seeds and pour the almond milk on top of them. Stir quickly for some 10-20 seconds so that the seeds are well covered with milk. Let soak for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the pumpkin pie smoothie with this recipe. It is very quick to make when you have an already roasted pumpkin. It will take you some 5 minutes tops. Pour the smoothie on the soaked chia seeds and mix thoroughly. Let soak for another couple of minutes.
- Carefully place the pumpkin chia pudding on top of the yogurt layer until your glass or the jar is full.
- Top with your favourite seeds and/or nuts. Pumpkin seeds would go perfectly here but you can use anything you have on hand.
- Keep refrigerated for at least three hours before serving or leave in the fridge over night.
Why my Pumpkin Chia Pudding Recipe is good for you:
- Pumpkin is rich in beta-carotene and other antioxidants with cancer protective properties. One cup of cubed pumpkin contains almost twice the recommended daily intake of vitamin A, which promotes good vision. Consuming one cup of cooked, canned pumpkin would provide well over 100% of our daily needs for vitamin A, 20 percent of the daily value for vitamin C, 10% or more for vitamin E, vitamin B2, potassium, copper, and manganese, and at least 5% for vitamin B1, B6, folate, pantothenic acid, niacin, iron, magnesium, and phosphorus.
- Yogurt contains a good amount of protein, as well as several other nutrients like calcium, vitamin B2, vitamin B12, potassium, and magnesium.
Enjoy your healthy, beautiful and tasty drink! It seems like pumpkin pie smoothie has it all! 😀