Hello dear friends! 🙋🏻
Smoothies with mint are just what I need on a hot summer day, when I want something light, refreshing and invigorating. I just love the pleasant, cool taste and the fresh fragrance of peppermint leaves 🌱. This smoothie contains a combination of mint, lemon/lime and ginger, so it is a real thirst-quencher. Apart from the cooling effect, these ingredients help you remove toxins from the body and help you restore your metabolism.
Let’s take a look at the ingredients. In this recipe, I used two medium-sized apples. For best taste, choose ripe and juicy apples. I added one kiwifruit and a little lime juice and zest to give the smoothie a sour edge and citrus fragrance. However, do not add too much lemon/lime juice—if you stick to the recipe, you will be fine. Too much lemon juice will make the smoothie too sour for most people. The ginger adds a little spiciness, while keeping the smoothie refreshing. The (mineral) water makes the smoothie thinner, so here you can choose how much you want to add. I used around 100 ml, but you might want to add less, or more. Finally, I added two leaves of green lettuce in my smoothie, but the lettuce is not essential.
Refreshing Mint Smoothie
- 10 leaves peppermint
- 1 kiwifruit
- 2 apples (medium sized)
- 1 tbsp freshly grated ginger root
- 2 leaves green lettuce (or other leafy greens of your choice)
- 2 tbsp lime juice (or lemon juice)
- 1 tsp lime or lemon zest
- 1 tsp honey (optional)
- 100 ml still mineral water
- Pour the mineral water into the blender jar. Add the mint leaves and the shredded salad leaves.
- Process until you obtain a smooth green texture.
- Peel the apples and the kiwifruit. Core the apples and cut the fruits into chunks.
- Add the fruits and all the remaining ingredients to the green blend.
- Process until smooth.
Nutritional Values: Refreshing Mint Smoothie
For your convenience, I calculated the nutritional value for this recipe. The values are based on all the ingredients from the recipe in exact amounts.
Here is a short summary of the nutritional values for my Refreshing Mint Smoothie:
- Fairly low in calories: only 134 calories in 250 ml (~8,5 oz).
- This smoothie is very low in fat, sodium and contains zero cholesterol.
- Lots of fiber (23% of RDA).
- Rich in vitamin C (63% of RDA), vitamin K (27% of RDA) and vitamin A (22% of RDA), as well as copper (12% of RDA).
I hope you will enjoy this mint smoothie! 🌱 Have a great day!