Hello dear smoothie lovers! 🙋🏻 Today I’d like to share with you a very simple but super delicious banana and pear 🍌 ➕ 🍐 smoothie recipe.
This smoothie is perfect for breakfast or can easily replace a meal at any time of the day. A great thing is that the banana and pear smoothie is rich in dietary fibre so you won’t get hungry too fast. If you want to make the smoothie even more filling, just add one or two tablespoons of oats, nuts or seeds on top of other ingredients.
Simple Banana and Pear Smoothie Recipe
- 2 bananas broken into chunks
- 1 pear
- 1 cup low fat plain yogurt
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 tsp honey or maple syrup to taste
- 1 tsp cinnamon for decoration
- peppermint leaves for decoration
- Peel and slice your bananas and the pear. Put them into the blender and add the yogurt, the sweetener to taste and the vanilla extract (optional).
- Blend everything until nice and smooth. Pour your smoothie in a serving glass and decorate with a pinch of cinnamon and mint leaves.
- If you wish, you can also add a couple of spoons of your favorite seeds, oatmeal or a spoonful of superfoods to boost the nutritional value of your smoothie. Just add the mentioned ingredients into the blender jar before whizzing.
Why my Simple Banana and Pear Smoothie is good for you:
- Bananas contain a fair amount of fiber, vitamins B6, C as well as potassium, magnesium, copper and manganese.
- Pears are naturally high in vitamins C and K, as well as nutrients such as copper — all of which act as antioxidants to protect our cells from damage from free radicals.
- Yogurt is loaded with proteins, vitamins and (most commonly) contain good-for-you bacteria. Moreover, one cup of yogurt a day can help you recover faster after a workout.
- Cinnamon has amazing anti-inflammatory properties and is loaded with powerful antioxidants.
|Very low in saturated fat||Very high in sugar|
|Very low in cholesterol|
|Very low in sodium|
|High in dietary fibre|
|High in manganese and phosphorus|
|High in vitamin B 2 and B6|
|Good source of vitamin B12|
Remember that bananas and pears contain a lot of sugar. Even though the fruit sugar isn’t bad for you, it adds a lot of calories to the smoothie. If your goal is to lose weight than I’d recommend you to check out my green smoothies recipes instead.
I hope you will enjoy this delicious and healthy banana and pear smoothie! 😋🍹