Good morning dear smoothie lovers! 🙋🏻
I love making smoothie bowls for breakfast. Today I’d like to share with you my lazy-morning raspberry smoothie bowl recipe 😬 It is very easy to make as it requires only three ingredients: yogurt, raspberries and some apples. Just look at this beautiful pink color! 😍 Isn’t it great to start your day with such a beautiful & delicious meal packed with antioxidants and vitamins? I think it is 🙂
You can top your smoothie bowl with fruits, oats, seeds and nuts as well as more yogurt.
In this recipe (see the photo above) I added a mixture of seeds, nuts & dried apples to my smoothie. It is a ready-made mix that I got from the supermarket. Lastly, I added some raspberries and blueberries on top and sprinkled everything with some chia seeds to add more fiber to my morning meal.
You might also want to check out my superfood smoothie recipes.
If your raspberries aren’t very sweet, you might want to add a banana or pear to your smoothie or simply sweeten it up with some honey, agave syrup or any other sweetener you like to use. It is going to be delicious either way.
Simple Raspberry Smoothie Bowl
- 2 apples (small-sized)
- 2 cups raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 tbsp sweetener of your choice (honey, maple or agave syrup etc.)
- Chop apples, put them into the blender.
- Add all other ingredients and blend everything until nice and smooth.
- Pour smoothie in a bowl or a jar and top with oats, seeds, nuts and fruits of your choice.
If you have seen my other smoothie recipes, you might have noticed that I usually use Alpro Vanilla soygurt in my smoothies. My husband has troubles digesting dairy products so we use soy ones instead. I actually love vanilla and almond soygurts even more than “normal” yogurts as they usually are slightly sweetened and contain vanilla extract which, in my opinion, works just perfectly in smoothies 🙂
Why my Raspberry Smoothie is good for you:
- Apples are packed with disease-fighting vitamins, antioxidants and more, making them one of the top-ranked fruits for your health.
- Raspberries are filled with strong antioxidants such as vitamin C, quercetin and gallic acid that help fight cancer, heart and circulatory disease as well as age-related decline. They are also high in ellagic acid, known for its high anti-inflammatory properties.
- Yogurt contains a good amount of protein, as well as several other nutrients like calcium, vitamin B2, vitamin B12, potassium, and magnesium.
Please note that the nutritional value for this recipe takes into consideration only the ingredients included into the apple raspberry smoothie. The overall calorie and nutritional value will depend on what toppings you will use for this smoothie bowl.
|Low in saturated fat||High in sugar and carbs|
|Low in cholesterol|
|Low in sodium|
|High in dietary fibre (54% of RDA)|
|High in manganese (56% of RDA)|
|Very high in vitamin C (61% of RDA)|
|Good source of vitamin B2 and B5|
Bon appétit! 😘