Hello friends! 🙋🏻
Some days I just love making myself a strawberry & yogurt smoothie 🍓 The combination of strawberry and plain yogurt is simply among the most heavenly smoothie combinations out there. Sometimes I even find myself making strawberry smoothies in the middle of winter just to remind myself what summer tastes like 🙂 This smoothie instantly makes me feel great and energetic.
In my opinion, frozen strawberries taste just as good as fresh ones, so I tend to use strawberries in smoothies throughout the year. I am actually still using the berries from last year that I have in the freezer ❄️ , but soon the strawberry season will be here again and I can pick some fresh ones 🙂 I’m really looking forward to having more fresh, aromatic strawberries in smoothies, lemonades and light summer salads. Just thinking of it makes me hungry 😁.
Today’s smoothie is a very quick and simple strawberry & yogurt smoothie recipe. It tastes absolutely amazing and will literally take you no more than five minutes to prepare! The taste is also mild enough to be enjoyed by kids — just call it a strawberry milkshake 😉 All in all, it’s hard for me to imagine anyone saying no to this pink strawberry treat!
For the connoisseurs out there: I love spicing up this smoothie with a hint of cinnamon but you can skip it if you are looking for a more classic taste. Depending on how sweet your strawberries are you might need to add some natural sweetener to your smoothie. However, it’s totally up to you and your taste.
How to Make a Strawberry Yogurt Smoothie
Strawberry Yogurt Smoothie Recipe
- Start with the liquid ingredients. Pour the yogurt into a blender jar.
- Cut the apples in halves, core them and chop roughly. Put the apple chunks in the blender jar.
- Add strawberries, cinnamon and honey.
- Process until smooth and pour the strawberry & yogurt smoothie into serving glasses.
- Serve immediately or keep refrigerated for up to 24 hours.
Strawberry Smoothie with Yogurt Tips and Tricks
- Make a thicker smoothie: use frozen strawberries to give the smoothie a thicker consistency. Don’t have a powerful blender? Use partially defrosted strawberries. If you can cut berries with a knife, your blender will be able to process them.
- If you use fresh strawberries, add some ice cubes or crushed ice to bring the smoothie to a right consistency without adding a single calorie.
- For a vegan version, just swap the regular yogurt for a plant-based yogurt, such as soy yogurt. It tastes just as yummy! I make this smoothie with almond-flavoured soygurt and it is absolutely delicious.
- In this recipe I used cinnamon to add extra flavor to the smoothie. I know, the combo is quite unconventional, but I love it! I just love cinnamon. If you feel differently about this warming spice, just skip it or replace it with vanilla extract. Strawberries, creamy yogurt and vanilla is just a match made in gourmet heaven.
Why this Healthy Strawberry Smoothie with Yogurt is Good for You
- Strawberries contain a wide range of powerful antioxidants and detoxifiers. For that reason they are perfect for people with inflammatory, autoimmune and tissue degenerative diseases. Strawberries are rich in healthy nutrients, vitamins, and minerals that contribute to overall health. These include folate, potassium, manganese, dietary fiber, and magnesium. Strawberries are also very high in vitamin C!
- Apples are packed with important nutritional elements including vitamin C, vitamin K, vitamin B6, and riboflavin, as well as minerals like potassium, copper, manganese, and magnesium. Apples are also very good sources of dietary fiber and help in the digestive process. Remember that “an apple a day, keeps the doctor away?”
- Yogurt contains a good amount of protein, as well as several other nutrients like calcium, vitamin B2, vitamin B12, potassium, and magnesium.
- Cinnamon has amazing anti-inflammatory properties and is loaded with antioxidants. This aromatic spice also stimulates brain, reduces muscle and tooth pain and works as a diaphoretic.
|Low in fat and cholesterol||Like most fruit smoothies, this one is high in fruit sugar and carbs|
|Fair amount of dietary fibre and protein (13% and 14% of RDA)|
|Good source of vitamins C, B2 and B12 (31%, 27% and 29% of RDA)|
|Contains calcium and phosphorus (25% and 28% of RDA)|
Have a great day and enjoy your healthy strawberry smoothie! 😘😘😘
Need more smoothie inspiration? Have a look at this video by Tasty.
P.S. If you liked this recipe and want to help others find us, please share this post with your friends and family 🙂 If you want more smoothie-related updates in your feed, you can find and befriend Smoothie Fairytales on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.