Hello dear smoothie lovers! ☺️
Are you getting ready for this Halloween? 🎃👻 Last week I got quite a few organic pumpkins from the local supermarket. Oh gosh, I love everything about this orange goodness: its colour, its shape, the taste and the smooth texture it gives to foods of all sorts. I have to face it, I am a real pumpkin addict 🙈
Since I had some pumpkins at home, I made several delicious pumpkin recipes in one go. It’s my own pumpkin challenge 🙌🏻 I hope you are alright with it. It’s the Halloween season after all 😊🎃
The recipe I’m sharing with you here is for a super tasty and festive-looking smoothie. I expected it to be delicious, of course, but it turned out to be much tastier than I even could imagine… if you love pumpkins, you will love this smoothie too!
If you want to make a simple everyday smoothie, you can skip the whipped cream topping and just enjoy the pure pumpkin taste. However, if you want to make a more beautiful smoothie, add some whipped cream. The whipped cream (I used vanilla soy cream) will turn it into a perfect Halloween dessert. So simple and insanely delicious! 👌🏼
Just wanted to mention that I wanted this smoothie to have a 100% pumpkin taste. For this reason I used a roasted pumpkin as the main ingredient. However, you can also add a banana to your smoothie if you want to make it less pumpkin(ish). But why would you want that? 😂😂😂
The ingredients in this pumpkin pie smoothie are very simple. It is basically just the pumpkin, some vanilla yogurt, almond milk and spices. I guess you can use canned pumpkin as well but it won’t taste as good as the real thing. If you aren’t sure how to roast a pumpkin, you can read my instructions here. It’s actually really simple and quick. You’ll be surprised how good the pumpkin can taste. I am almost sure you will never buy the canned version anymore ☺️🙌🏻
Super Delicious Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
- 300 g roasted pumpkin
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup low-fat yogurt
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- vanilla whipped cream (optional, for decoration)
- First of all, roast a pumpkin and let it cool down. You can check my recipe here.
- Start with the liquid ingredients. Pour the yogurt and the almond milk into a blender jar.
- Remove the peel from the pumpkin slices, break them in pieces and put into the blender jar.
- Add all the spices, maple syrup and process until completely smooth. If the texture is too thick, add more almond milk or some water.
- Pour the smoothie into serving glasses, decorate with whipped cream and sprinkle with ground cinnamon. Serve immediately or keep refrigerated so that the whipped cream doesn’t melt.
Why my Super Delicious Pumpkin Pie Smoothie is good for you:
- Pumpkin is rich in beta-carotene and other antioxidants with cancer protective properties. One cup of cubed pumpkin contains almost twice the recommended daily intake of vitamin A, which promotes good vision. Consuming one cup of cooked, canned pumpkin would provide well over 100% of our daily needs for vitamin A, 20 percent of the daily value for vitamin C, 10% or more for vitamin E, vitamin B2, potassium, copper, and manganese, and at least 5% for vitamin B1, B6, folate, pantothenic acid, niacin, iron, magnesium, and phosphorus.
- Yogurt contains a good amount of protein, as well as several other nutrients like calcium, vitamin B2, vitamin B12, potassium, and magnesium.
Please not that the nutritional facts for this recipe are based on the ingredients mentioned above (excluding whipped cream).
|Very high in Vitamin A and B12 (379% and 104% of RDA)||In comparison with other smoothies quite low in fiber|
|High in Vitamin B2 (65% of RDA)|
|Good source of vitamin E (35% of RDA)|
|Good source of calcium, phosphorus, zinc and manganese|
Enjoy your healthy, beautiful and tasty drink! 😀