This Vitamin C Booster Berry Smoothie with strawberry, raspberry and kiwifruit is a great way to start your day. The smoothie is rich in vitamins, especially in Vitamin C. In fact, only one 10 oz (approx. 300 ml) glass will provide you with 110% of Vitamin C you need in one whole day. This makes it a perfect meal/snack during cold season or whenever you want to boost your immunity.
Vitamin C Booster Berry Smoothie
- Food processor
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1 kiwi
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/5 cup coconut or almond milk
- 1 tsp honey
List of Berries High in Vitamin C
In this recipe, I combined the vitamin C rich kiwifruit with the strawberries and raspberries to turn it into a real vitamin C booster smoothie. However, there are other berries that could replace them and still make this smoothie loaded with vitamins. Listed below are the berries richest in vitamin C.
- acerola cherries (1677mg / 100g)
- blackcurrants (181mg/ 100g)
- strawberries (59mg / 100g)
- redcurrants (41mg / 100g)
- whitecurrants (41mg / 100g)
- elderberries (36mg / 100g)
- gooseberries (28mg / 100g)
- raspberries (26mg / 100g)
- blackberries (21mg / 100g)
- cranberries (13mg / 100g)
You might also be interested in:
- Mango Passion Fruit Smoothie
- Tart Cherry Smoothie With Yogurt
- Breakfast Smoothie With Cherries
- Nectarine Breakfast Smoothie
How To Store Raspberries And Keep Them Fresh For Weeks
Here is a great kitchen hack by Jerry James Stone on how to completely remove mold from fresh raspberries and keep them fresh for much longer. All you need is water, vinegar and a clean food container. It’s as simple as that. Watch the video below for more details.
Follow Smoothie Fairytales on Social Media
Smoothie Fairytales can be found on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest, so if you want more smoothie content in your day, you know where to find it 😉 Have a fantastic day and enjoy your smoothie!